Antioxidants in Male fertility ..1

Antioxidants in Male fertility ...1









My memories
Antioxidants in Male fertility  ..1
Posted in 2013

Antioxidants are substances, enzymatic and nonenzymatic, which serve to eliminate ROS. Enzymatic oxidants, or natural oxidants, include glutathione reductase (GSH), superoxide dismutase (SOD), and catalase, while some non-enzymatic oxidants include vitamins (C, E, and B), carotenoids, carnitines, cysteines, pentoxifylline, metals, taurine, and albumin . Glutathione reductase and peroxidase are the principal reducing agents in the body and behave as antioxidant scavengers in the epididymis and testes. Their action on sperm membranes confers protection on to the lipid components, preserving the sperm viability and motility . Preceding in vitro studies have demonstrated that GSH reduces lipid peroxidation and improves the sperm membrane characteristics . The main antioxidant enzyme system in the semen includes SOD, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase.
SODs are metalloenzymes that catalyze the dismutation reactions of the superoxide anion and are present in intracellular and extracellular forms; two of the intracellular forms are copper-zinc SOD, which is localized in the cytoplasm and contains copper and zinc (Cu, ZnSOD, SOD1) in the active site, and manganese SOD, which is located primarily in the mitochondrial matrix and contains manganese in the active site (MnSOD, SOD2). The extracellular form of SOD (EC-SOD, SOD3) acts in the extracellular space and it is related to the surface polysaccharides though it may also be present in a free form . SOD presents high activity in the seminal plasma with 75% of its activity connected to the activity of SOD1 and the remaining 25% to SOD3; these isoenzymes are maybe derived from the prostate . SOD and catalase protect sperm from superoxide anions catalyzing the conversion of superoxide into oxygen and H2O2, thereby preventing lipid peroxidation and enhancing motility .
O2+O2×+2H+H2O2+O2



My advise
1...  Oxygen is important for our life.   Without oxygen we cannot survive
2...  Oxygen is important for digesting our food
3...  Oxygen is important for our brain, lungs and kidney function,, cleaning our blood etc..
4...  Oxygen is important for sperm health of the male
5...  Follow healthy food for your body and sperm health

Brought to U ....  http://successgain.us



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Female Infertility charts

Male Infertility Problems and charts

Birth defects in different countries